Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (a small amount of water is ok) for four (4) hours prior to the appointment. (Dr. Wallace or his staff may give you more specific instructions, as different forms of anesthesia have different requirements)
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, upset stomach , please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Wallace prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Please feel free to call us with any questions or concerns you may have: Shoreline Oral Surgery and Dental Implants Phone Number Shoreline Oral Surgery and Dental Implants Phone Number 805-962-7933.
Ready to Improve Your Smile?
Contact us today with any questions or to schedule your appointment!